Our story

Newfane Methodist Church finds it origins in the little Methodist Class-Meetings begun in the schoolhouse across Eighteen-Mile Creek, south of the village at Adams Mills in 1832. Today the area is better known as Tompkins Mills, however both the schoolhouse and the buildings for the mills are long gone.

Over the past 168 years, the ministry of the Newfane United Methodist Church has had a tremendous impact upon our community. Our members have been faithful over all these year to our mission of “Reaching out to all people with the Good News of Jesus Christ…”

This little group of Methodists found a place to meet here in the village of Newfane in 1842, and on April 22, 1844, were duly organized into a Methodist Episcopal Church. The first Church building – cobblestone – was erected immediately on the same site as our current building at the corner of Main Street and Charlotteville Road (East Avenue). This first building was replaced in 1905, but the second building burned in 1931. The present house of worship was built just as soon as possible, then, on the old foundations.

stay in touch with our monthly email newsletter
2699 Main Street
Newfane, NY 14108
7167787011
Newfane United Methodist Church